Mounting Everything to the Frame

Alright. I'm not going to go into huge detail about how I figured out how everything should be mounted. I'll Upload my scratch work I did during school and maybe you can make some sense of it. I just used trigonometry, the specs of the projector, and the specs of my table, to figure out exactly where the projector should be places so it wouldn't block any light, and it would maximize the screen space. Some helpful advice: Find your projector here, and look at all the specs. This website was a big help to me. Remember, you can click on the pictures to make them bigger.



So first I built a mount for the projector by using screws that I got at McGukins and the support beam. It was extremely stable.


I needed the correct angle for the projector, so using trigonometry again, I figured out how much wood needed to be added between the support and the main frame to hold the projector at that angle.




Now, as for the mirror, I didn't use the angle I calculated. Since I already had the correct angle for my projector, I just adjusted the mirror until the entire screen was covered. I then cut a piece of wood that was the correct size, and propped it onto that.



The camera was fairly easy, especially since it came with a mount. I screwed down the mount to a slice of wood, and pointed the camera perfectly to see the whole screen.


Finally I drilled some holes to string the wires for the LEDs through. Since I designed the LEDs for a 5v power supply, I just used an old PSU from an old Dell. Now whenever I plug in the PSU the IR LEDs turn on!



No comments:

Post a Comment