Adding more LEDs

I'm not going to go into huge detail since I already did this. I decided to add more led's just to make the whole thing brighter. This time around I used 475-1468-ND LEDs from DigiKey, found here. I also used P22.0CACT-ND resistors from DigiKey, found here. The specs are roughly the same from last time. I calculated the resistance using Ohm's law. So, to start of, I had to drill a new set of holes for the LED's



After that was finished, I put the LED's in and hot glued them in.



I put heat shrink around every part of the LED that didn't require a resistor.


I put a resistor between every 2 LED's



Long story short, I put heat shrink over every visible portion of wire, then soldered the whole think to two strips of wire. On of them was positive, and one was negative.



I'm very happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment