Building the Frame (the stand portion)

You know, now that I think about it, this was probably one of the easiest parts of the project. I started off cutting 4 posts that would determine the height of my touch screen. I cut each 2x4 into 28" pieces, so the touch screen would end up being about 30" tall. I only need about 24" of room for the projector, but I wanted extra just to be sure. I also cut 8 1x4's for supports (and mounts for the projector). I wanted the stand to be just outside the view of the screen, so each 1x4 was cut into 40" pieces.



Since the touch screen is too big, I need to assemble it in two pieces, then assemble the full thing in my room. To start, I held down each board in place with C clamps, and screwed the supports in place.


I ended up with two pieces that looked like this:


As I said earlier, the final assembly was done in my room. I'm sure it's pretty self explanatory:



No comments:

Post a Comment